I live 20 miles south of Seattle and a world away...

With more than 89,000 people, Federal Way is the 10th largest city in the state of Washington. The 10th largest city doesn't have a used bookstore, a gay bar or an art museum but we have two, count 'em, two Walmarts. Now, before you think I'm a total snob, you should know that I do have an affinity for some big chains - I do a lot of shopping at Target and Trader Joe's and I never leave home without my Taco Del Mar punch-card. This blog isn't here to put down the friendly suburb of Federal Way but to celebrate the things that are unique about it. These one-of-a-kind gems in a sea of strip malls are the things that make a city special and worth calling home.

September 19, 2011

8th Day Spa

34029 Hoyt Road SW Suite B, Federal Way
http://www.8thdayspa.net/

I’m a big fan of good customer service.  Maybe that’s the reason this blog even exists – I like small, local businesses that truly value their customers.  8th Day Spa really lives up to my customer service expectations.  I was recently on bridesmaid duty and needed to schedule salon services for about 10 people.  When I called 8th Day, the owner Derek answered the phone and was so friendly and accommodating and as I finished making the appointment and got off the phone, he said, “I’m really looking forward to making this day special for you guys!”  It seemed very sincere and made me all warm and fuzzy. 
Bridal Toe Art

The salon is really cute and clean, the staff is super nice and friendly and they do a great job.  They also wear adorable ruffled aprons which just make the whole place seem so much cuter.  My 3-year-old daughter got her first spa pedicure here and they were so great with her, even when she touched her toenail a minute after it was finished and the nail tech had to redo the whole little tiny toe. 

8th Day Spa is a full-service salon that does hair, nails, waxing, massage, facials and tanning and, as near as I can tell, does them all very well.  The prices are very reasonable for the level of service they provide. In a town that seems to have an extremely high number of salons per capita, it can be hard to stand out but 8th Day certainly manages to do it with style.

No comments:

Post a Comment