I live 20 miles south of Seattle and a world away...

With more than 89,000 people, Federal Way is the 10th largest city in the state of Washington. The 10th largest city doesn't have a used bookstore, a gay bar or an art museum but we have two, count 'em, two Walmarts. Now, before you think I'm a total snob, you should know that I do have an affinity for some big chains - I do a lot of shopping at Target and Trader Joe's and I never leave home without my Taco Del Mar punch-card. This blog isn't here to put down the friendly suburb of Federal Way but to celebrate the things that are unique about it. These one-of-a-kind gems in a sea of strip malls are the things that make a city special and worth calling home.

July 8, 2012

Northshore Quality Produce

35522 21st Ave. SW, Federal Way
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northshore-Quality-Produce/120027238020659

In the summer, the Federal Way Farmers Market and our CSA membership are great ways to get our fruits and veggies but I absolutely love having Northshore Quality Produce, a year-round greengrocer, here in town. They have a great selection of fresh and often local produce at competitive prices. In addition, they sell a wide variety of other items such as fancy-pants cheeses, cured meats, specialty canned goods, pasta, freshly baked breads and a dairy case complete with Smith Brothers milk and Beecher's macaroni and cheese. All that alone would make this place a one-stop grocery store for me but to my carnivorous husband's joy, there is also a butcher onsite. The third and smallest location of the local B & E Meats & Seafood chain, the butcher counter is located right inside the store and has a fantastic selection of steaks, chops, sausage and seafood, including top quality wild Alaskan salmon. They now also carry wine, which makes this adorable little store my ideal one-stop shop!

1 comment: