I live 20 miles south of Seattle and a world away...

With more than 89,000 people, Federal Way is the 10th largest city in the state of Washington. The 10th largest city doesn't have a used bookstore, a gay bar or an art museum but we have two, count 'em, two Walmarts. Now, before you think I'm a total snob, you should know that I do have an affinity for some big chains - I do a lot of shopping at Target and Trader Joe's and I never leave home without my Taco Del Mar punch-card. This blog isn't here to put down the friendly suburb of Federal Way but to celebrate the things that are unique about it. These one-of-a-kind gems in a sea of strip malls are the things that make a city special and worth calling home.

March 28, 2013

Three Trees Yoga & Healing Arts Center

204 S 348th St, Federal Way
www.threetreesyoga.com

My favorite vacations are the kind where I can relax and forget about the stresses in my daily life but still feel like I've accomplished something. Unfortunately, I don't have the wallet for such vacations as regularly as  I would like. Fortunately, I can go to Three Trees once a week and for a mere $15 (less if you buy a class pass), I can spend an hour relaxing, forgetting my stress and accomplishing some of my fitness goals.

This yoga studio is so fantastic. The instructors are very knowledgeable; the facility is beautiful, tranquil and inviting; and the building is surrounded by peaceful woods on three sides. It really does feel like a little mini-vacation every time I go in. They offer late and drop-in classes which are great if you commute out of FW and/or have a busy schedule. If you're new to yoga, there are classes that will help you get up to speed and the instructors are patient and helpful. The range of classes ensures that there is something for everyone, no matter how much or little yoga experience you have. They even have massage therapists on staff if your idea of relaxation involves someone else doing all the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment